Senators Vincent Sheheen and Joel Lourie kicked off the inaugural episode of their new political podcast, Bourbon in the Back Room, with Senator Tom Davis to discuss the potential of legalizing marijuana for medical purposes in South Carolina. The three talk about a variety of aspects surrounding the legislation including various roadblocks and support from unexpected sources. Coming in at just under an hour and a half, this light-hearted and fun podcast is not only entertaining but also especially compelling.
Episode 28 – Governor Jim Hodges – The Fight for Political Dominance, S.C. Partisanship, and How to Win an Election as a Democrat in S.C. – Bourbon in The Back Room
- Episode 28 – Governor Jim Hodges – The Fight for Political Dominance, S.C. Partisanship, and How to Win an Election as a Democrat in S.C.
- Episode 27 – Mark Sanford – Trump Extremism, Planting a Flag, and Looking Back at S.C. Politics
- Episode 26 – Professor Patricia Sullivan – Sgt. Isaac Woodard and South Carolina's Role in the Civil Rights Movement
- Episode 25 – Dr. Dave Woodard – Political History, Conservative Consulting, Who is Vinny?
- Episode 24 – Senator Mia Mcleod – Running For Governor, Connecting to Small Towns, and How Politicians Have Left Us Behind